After a very memorable weekend in Bakersfield, Kris Krabill has put his energy and focus on Firebird Raceways 46th Annual Nitro Ignitor. This is the second stop on the NHRA Heritage Series Tour, the event brings 16 cars together qualifying for an 8 car field.
Day 1, Qualifying Session 1 was an eventful session. With a very strong headwind, very few cars successfully made it down the quarter mile. Saturday is a new day with a few more funny cars in the mix.
1. Cory Lee “California Hustler” 5.92-245.85
2. Kris Krabill, “Northwest Hitter” 5.99-229.12
3. Tim Boychuk “Happy Hour” 6.03-239.02
4. Ryan Hodgson 6.07-233.48
5. Wally Giavia “G-Men” 6.10-211.20
6. Don Hudson “Sizemore Construction” 6.10-237.55
7. Chris Davis “Old School Nitro” 6.17-229.04
8. Richard Townsend “Nitroholic” 7.35-127.22
Kris Krabill is arguably one of the best drivers in the class due to his tenure and experience in the class, as well as, passion for the sport of drag racing. The Bardahl, Dayton Superior sponsored funny car will be taking advantage of the 2 qualifying sessions on Saturday to try and move from #2 to #1 qualifier. Check back throughout the weekend for updates on qualifying and eliminations!